Aadhaar Card is an important document and it is mandatory to have Aadhaar card today. In a recent move, the government made it mandatory to link the Aadhaar card to mobile phones and all the investment accounts. It is also mandatory to link the Aadhaar to e-wallets or else, the services will be suspended. So we are sure that by now you have you Aadhaar card with you. If in case you still do not have an Aadhaar card then you must get yourself registered at the nearest enrolment center.
Moving ahead, as a matter of fact, earlier, it was not possible to change the address on the Aadhaar card through online Medium. It was mandatory to visit the Aadhaar Centre and submit a request for the address change but in a recent move, the government made it possible to change the address through an online medium as well. This facility is a blessing for people who recently moved home or who are planning to move home in coming future. In this article, we have listed the steps to update the address on Aadhaar card through online medium
Steps to Updated Address on Aadhaar Card
- The first step of the process is to navigate to the UIDAI website. You can navigate to the website by clicking
- Once the website is displayed, go down to the page and under the Aadhaar Update Column, click on Address Update Request (Online). You can alternatively click here to access the portal.
- Once the portal is displayed, read the instructions carefully and click on the proceed button on the bottom of the page.
- Now a new page will be displayed wherein you would have to enter your Aadhaar number. Once you have entered the Aadhaar number, enter the captcha code and click on Send OTP button. After receiving the OTP, click on Enter OTP and enter your OTP to validate the Aadhaar number.
- In the next page, select address and click on submit button. Now you will be asked to enter the address. Enter the correct address and click on proceed.
- After clicking on proceed, you will then have to upload the supporting documents. After uploading the documents, you will get an option to select the BPO service provider.
- You can select any of the BPO service providers and click on submit button. You will receive a URN Number and you can use this number to track the number.
This was the process to update the address through online medium and it should be noted that it takes about 10 to 15 days for the UIDAI to verify the new address and publish the new Aadhaar card. Once the Aadhaar card has been published, you can simply go ahead and download the Aadhaar card and take a print out of the same.
The government has surely done a great job by making the whole process available online. This makes it easy for people to update the address and the process is also quick in terms of the lead times.