Any resident of India adult, child and NRI or any foreign citizen living in India can apply for the Aadhaar Card. It should be noted that Aadhar is establishing unique identity and not granting citizenship even NRIs and foreign citizen who residing in India can take benefits of Aadhaar card. Here I am going to share the detail information about AADHAAR eligibility criteria & list of documents required for Infant, Adult & NRI.
Aadhaar Card Eligibility Criteria for Child, Adult & NRI
- Any resident of India, Non Resident Indian (NRI) or any foreign citizen residing in India is eligible to apply for Aadhaar Card.
- An individual of any age can apply for Aadhaar number.
- A child of age less than 3 years does not require giving biometric information and in this case Aadhaar will be linked to the parents or guardian of that child. However, that child needs to give his/her biometric information when he is of 5 years in age.
- For a child who has enrolled for Aadhaar and is of the age of 5 to 15 years has to give his/her biometric information again when his/her age becomes 15 years.
- This process of re-registering is necessary because the biometrics of a person changes with age. The biometrics of a person will be different when he is a child and when he will be an adult.
List of Documents Required for Aadhaar Card
Proof of Identity (Anyone of the following)
Photo ID card, Ration card, Passport, PAN Card, Driving License.
Proof of Address (Anyone of the following)
Water, Electricity, Telephone bills from the last 3 months.
If you have not any of these documents then click on the “complete list of documents required for AADHAA CARD” . Instead of this you have to be present at AADHAR center for biometric details to know your nearest aadhaar card center click on this “AADHAAR Card Enrollment Centers in India”. You can get the Aadhar form itself from aadhaar center or you can download it online from here. “Download Aadhaar Form”.